Whether in your vehicle or home, securely storing your pistol(s) when not in use prevents potential disaster. Not to mention, some states are now requiring it. For this reason, Steelhead Outdoors created the Large HD Lockbox, with heavy-duty construction and virtually pick-resistant lock.
The Steelhead Outdoors Large HD Lockbox
Constructed of 12-gauge steel, the Large HD Lockbox features a durable black textured powder coat finish. The heavy gauge steel provides a drill-resistant body, further restricting access to the safe’s contents. Likewise, the massive ¼-inch hinges are staked, welded, and have integrated pin guards to prevent punch attacks.
Access to the safe comes in the form of a unique multi-sidebar key lock and includes two keys. The design of the lock makes picking it almost impossible with traditional lock-picking tools. In addition, the lock features 6 billion key combinations, ensuring that no two locks are alike. Likewise, a double-shear lock mechanism is incorporated to provide increased pry support.
The interior of the lockbox includes a two-layer 3/8-inch foam floor to protect your firearm(s). Additionally, compressible convoluted foam lines the top of the safe to hold your pistol(s) firmly in place. At 8.5x11x3 inches, the Large HD Lockbox easily accommodates a single large-frame pistol or two compact handguns.
Featuring four holes in the base, the over 11-pound Lockbox can be easily anchored to any solid surface to prevent theft. However, an optional 3-foot security cable is available from the company for an additional $25.00 for use in a vehicle or other location. The ¼-inch 7×19 galvanized cable is nylon coated to 5/16 inch and is rated for 6,000 pounds.
The Steelhead Outdoors Large HD Lockbox is available now with an MSRP of $190.00. For more info, please visit SteelheadOutdoors.com.
Steelhead Outdoors Large HD Lockbox Features
- Weighs in at just over 11 lbs
- 8.5 inches wide x 11 inches deep x 3 inches tall
- Four mounting holes on the base to facilitate anchoring
- Laser cut, formed, and TIG welded from 12 ga steel throughout – more than twice as thick as most key lock boxes
- Massive 1/4-inch hinges that are staked, welded, and feature an integrated pin guard to prevent punch attacks – more than twice as thick as most hinges
- High-end key lock with a lock pick-proof multi-sidebar design, 6 billion key combinations, and a hardened drill-resistant body with additional hard pins behind the face – a major upgrade from a tubular or wafer lock
- Double shear lock mechanism to provide increased pry support
- 270-degree, welded reinforcement hoop
- Durable black textured powdercoat finish with a charcoal grey handle
- Two layers of 3/8” foam in the bottom to protect contents and provide adjustment
- Thick convoluted foam in the lid to keep contents in place
- Optional 6,000 lb rated, 1/4-inch 7×19 galvanized cable that is nylon coated to 5/16 inch
- Includes 2 keys
- MSRP: $190.00