Optics manufacturer L-3 Integrated Optical Systems has introduced its L-3 Long-Range Sniper System (LSS), new for 2014. Designed for the warfighter, this system provides the end user with a significant tactical advantage in precision long-range firing on targets from a concealed position. It integrates a 4×22 optic, a laser rangefinder, a ballistic computer, a projected reticle display, digital compass, meteorological sensors, and incline and cant sensors.
The LSS has been designed by L-3 for rapid engagement. Using this system, the user can laze the target to measure the range, and the LSS will automatically generate a ballistic solution crosshair for aiming. This device uses ballistic algorithms for M24, M110, M40, XM2010, Precision Sniper Rifle, and M107 50 caliber. All of this is great news for the user. Their workload will be reduced, which increases the probability of a first round hit.
The LSS will increase the user’s accuracy day or night up to a range of 2 km. It has an overall weight of 4.5 pounds, and a battery life of six hours in full on mode. It can be used with standard military clip-on night-devision devices. See below for additional details.
Features: L-3 Long-Range Sniper System
- Continuous zoom day optical (4 to 22x)
- Wide field-of-view providing superior situational awareness
- Target ID and engagement up to 2 km
- Field-proven ballistic algorithm for M24, M110, M40, XM2010, Precision Sniper Rifle, and M107 50 caliber
- Available memory for > 30 more ammo/weapon types
- Temperature, atmospheric pressure, MEMS cant and incline sensors, and digital compass
- Additional capability reduces workload while improving first round probability of hit
- User interface uses the standard riflescope features
- Added five-way miniature joystick located near the weapon trigger to provide target range and toggle through the menus
Specifications: L-3 Long-Range Sniper System
- ￼Weight: 4.5 lb.
- Day Optic: Zoom – 4x to 22x
- Laser Rangefinder: Eye safe Class 1 Range 2 km
- Battery Life: ￼6 hours full-on 101 hours standby
For more information about the Long-Range Sniper System, and the full range of products currently offered by L-3 Integrated Optical Systems, please visit http://www2.l-3com.com