IWI US has officially entered the bullpup shotgun market with the launch of its brand new Tavor TS12.
The Tavor TS12 is a 12-gauge, gas regulated, smoothbore semi-auto shotgun with three rotating magazine tubes that can each hold four three-inch shells, or five two-inch shells for a total potential mag capacity of 15+1 rounds. It’s fed and unloaded from either side, and it’s configurable for right or left side ejection and operation.
According to the press release, the Tavor TS12 features a patented “Bullhead” bolt locking system specific to this model. The barrel is 18.5 inches long with a three-inch chamber. The internal muzzle threads are compatible with Benelli / Beretta choke tubes. One choke tube is included with the gun.
Boasting an overall length of just 28.34 inches, the Tavor TS12 also comes with a one-piece, full-length 1913 Picatinny top rail with M-LOK accessory attachment points on each side of the forearm.
“The Tavor TS12 is our first entry into the home defense shotgun market and we held off until we had something unique and desirable that held the same characteristic quality and performance of the entire TAVOR line,” IWI US CEO Casey Flack said. “The TS12 is it; compact, easy to use and maintain, and with a large magazine capacity, it is ideal for home defense, as well as a sporting shotgun.”
Initially available in black, OD and FDE variants of the Tavor TS12 are also in the pipeline. MSRP is $1,399. See the specifications below. For even more info, visit iwi.us. For a review of the popular Jericho 941 from IWI, please visit PersonalDefenseWorld.com.
Tavor TS12 Specs
- Gauge: 12 GA / 3″ chamber
- Overall Weight: 3.6 kg (mag empty) / 8 lbs
- Barrel Length: 47 cm / 18.5″
- Overall Length: 720 cm (not including choke) / 28.34″
- Height: 260 mm / 10.23″ (from pistol grip to top)
- Magazine: Tubular system, 15-rounds total capacity (five 2.75″ or four 3″)
- Choke: Internal muzzle threads / Benelli / Beretta Type (one choke included)
- Picatinny Rail: One-piece, full-length 1913 standard top rail
- Safety: Cross bolt safety