The 5.56 mm C8A2 Carbine has a short heavy barrel and adjustable stock for vehicle crews, police and other special operations . The C8 meets all applicable military standards including: reliability in all environmental and operational conditions, accuracy, lethality, maintainability in field conditions and safety. The C8A2 is the answer to demanding customer requirements for a carbine that matches the rifle’s best characteristics in a compact package.
• Direct Gas System. The unique direct gas system eliminates the operating rod and keeps all of the firing forces in line with the bore for maximum accuracy and reliability.
• Hammer Forged Heavy Barrel. The long-life chrome lined cold hammer forged barrel is the most advanced and durable barrel available. The integrally forged special carbine chamber ensures consistency and accuracy over the life of the barrel. The heavy barrel profile maintains zero with accessories fitted and provides extra thermal mass to dissipate heat during intensive firing.
• Flat Top. The upper receiver can be manufactured in the original Canadian Forces specification Weaver rail, or with a MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail.
• Simplicity. The proven design ensures ease of operation and the ultimate in maintainability. The weapon is easy to operate and can be field stripped in seconds with no tools.
• Durability. The high strength materials and precision manufacturing ensure durability and low life-cycle costs. The C8 has 97% parts commonality with all other models.
1 – Reduced length cold hammer forged heavy barrel
2 – Flash suppressor
3 – Bayonet lug
4 – TRI-AD 1TM MIL-STD-1913 accessory mount
5 – Special carbine chamber and gas system
6 – Accepts all STANAG magazines
7 – Integrated sight rail (Weaver or Picatinny)
8 – Optional ambidextrous controls
9 – Single or double sided sling loop
10 – Standard 4 position buttstock with no slip rubber butt pad
For more information on this and other Colt Canada products, visit www.diemaco.com