With competition season just starting to heat up around the country, the American Defense Lightweight Tactical Competition Carbine launches just in time for shooting season. This lightweight model comes feature-rich and checks several boxes for shooters looking for a fast, race-ready carbine.
American Defense Lightweight Tactical Competition Carbine
The Competition Carbine comes with several match-grade components, according to American Defense. Standard features on the rifle, sponsored shooter Daniel Jirasek ran it to top finishes in four regional events, along with a second place finish in a national championship match.
The rifle features a Criterion barrel, AR Gold Trigger and the company’s own Lightweight M-LOK handguard. A skeletonized magazine well helps cut weight. Ambidextrous controls include a right-side bolt catch and release lever, along with a left-side magazine release. A 20-degree competition-style mag well should help facilitate quick reloads.
Billet machined upper and lower receivers pair with multiple lightweight component choices. A mid-length gas system drives the action. A SureFire 3P Eliminator Flash Hider finishes off the 14.5 or 16-inch barrel. Finish options include Black anodized or OD Green, Flat Dark Earth, Gray or Midnight Bronze Cerakote. Retail price starts at $2,275. For more info, please visit admmfg.com.
American Defense Manufacturing Lightweight Tactical Competition Carbine Features
- Skeletonized UIC Magazine well
- Fully ambidextrous controls featuring a right side bolt catch and release lever and left side magazine release
- Radian Talon Ambidextrous safety selector
- 20 degree competition style mag well
- Enlarged trigger guard
- ADM HD Buffer
- AR Gold Trigger
- QD Endplate
- Lightweight Castle Nut
- ADM 10 Position Enhanced Buffer Tube
- Integral upper/lower tension adjusting screw
- Billet Machined, Upper Receiver with the Forward Assist and Ejection Port Door Cover
- 14.5″ or 16″ 1:8 twist, .223 Wylde Chamber, Nitride Finished, Lightweight ADM Contour Criterion Barrel
- Premium BCG with a Nitride QPQ finish
- Radian Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle
- Milspec mid-length gas system
- 13.5″ or 15″ Lightweight MLOK Handguard (Dependent on barrel length)
- SureFire 3P Eliminator Flash Hider.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- 7000 Series Billet Machined Lower and Upper Receiver
- Hard coat type 3 Mil-Spec anodized for a lifetime of performance
- Made with pride in the U.S.A.
- Weight: 6.1 lbs (unloaded)
- Barrel Length: 14.5, 16 inches
- MSRP: $2,275