New for 2017, STI is rolling out its HEX Tactical 3.0, a new 9mm pistol that features the bells and whistles of the company’s HEX Tactical 4.0 and 5.0 but in a shorter, lighter package to make it an appealing carry gun for serious shooters.
- RELATED STORY: STI Escort – A Carry-Ready 1911
For starters, STI removed the tactical rail on the HEX Tactical 3.0 to reduce weight and width, and the frame is made out of aluminum. The 2011 variant sports a shorter VIP length grip and a 15+1 round capacity, while the 1911 model has an officer’s length frame and offers a 7+1 capacity. Also included in both versions is a 3.7-inch bull barrel, making it easy to conceal.
The included HEX serrations are visually appealing, but they’re also insanely functional when it comes to providing a positive grip. The 360 degree grip surface ensures that the end user can easily rack the gun at any angle. The HEX Tactical 3.0 boasts a black Cerakote finish and includes a Hi-Power style cut in the front for easy re-holstering.
- RELATED STORY: Double-Stack Guardian – The STI Guardian 2011
MSRP for the HEX Tactical 3.0 is $2,599 for the 2011 DS model, while the 1911 SS version retails for $2,199. See below for a rundown of features.
- Barrel- 3.7-inch Bull Barrel
- Finish- CeraKote, Black Color
- Magazines- 2 ea / 120mm (2011), Officer (1911)
- Trigger- 4.5 lbs w/Single-Sided Safety Lever
- Sights- Fixed Ledge Rear, Fiber Optic Front
- Grip- 2011 – Molded Black Grip, VIP Length; 1911 – VZ Alien Black Gray
- Other- Recoil Master, Aluminum Frame
For more information, visit stiguns.com.