Federal Premium has announced a new 20-gauge offering as part of its 3rd Degree ammo line for hunting. As the product listing notes, 3rd Degree — which was initially offered last year — uses a multi-shot, three-stage payload to deliver larger, more forgiving patterns at close range, while still providing deadly performance at long distance. The pattern of No. 5 Premium lead, No. 6 FLITESTOPPER® lead and No. 7 HEAVYWEIGHT® shot is maximized by the FLITECONTROL® wad, which opens from the rear and stays with the shot column longer than conventional wads for full, consistent patterns.
Features & Benefits
- New 20-gauge offering
- Three-stage payload creates optimal patterns for the entire range spectrum
- 20 percent No. 6 FLITESTOPPER pellets for forgiving close-range patterns
- 40 percent copper-plated No. 5 lead for lethal performance at mid-range
- 40 percent HEAVYWEIGHT for dense, high-energy patterns at 40-plus yards
- FLITECONTROL wad maximizes the flight characteristics of all three shot types
- A portion of the proceeds are donated to the National Wild Turkey Federation
RELATED STORY: Federal Premium Adds 380 Auto to Personal Defense HST Lineup
Federal Premium is a brand of Vista Outdoor Inc., an outdoor sports and recreation company. For more information on Federal Premium, go to www.federalpremium.com.
About Vista Outdoor Inc.
Vista Outdoor is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer in the growing outdoor sports and recreation markets. The company operates in two segments, Shooting Sports and Outdoor Products, and has more than 30 well-recognized brands that provide consumers with a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products in the ammunition, firearms and outdoor accessories categories. Vista Outdoor products are sold at leading retailers and distributors across North America and worldwide. Vista Outdoor is headquartered in Utah and has manufacturing operations and facilities in 10 U.S. States, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Canada along with international sales and sourcing operations in Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Asia. For news and information visit www.vistaoutdoor.com or follow us on Twitter @VistaOutdoorInc and Facebook at www.facebook.com/vistaoutdoor.