North Carolina-based company Carolina Arms Group is bringing its latest 1911 pistol, the Privateer Carry Commander, to market.
Available in .45 ACP and 9mm, the Privateer Carry Commander sports a 4.25-inch stainless match-grade barrel and bushing; stainless steel slide; stainless steel bobtail frame; one-piece machined guide rod; wide beavertail grip safety; wire EDM hammer; and a lightweight trigger. Rounding out the features on this gun are forward carry cuts; recessed slide stop; light rail and carbon fiber grips.
Carolina Arms Group machines all its 1911s to exact tolerances and inspects them for precision and accuracy. To that end, the Privateer Carry Commander was stone-lapped, hand-filled and fitted, and then tested for accuracy in a ransom rest. The pistol was also hand-fired by the company’s “quality experts” for “feel and function,” the press release says.
Touted as being designed for concealed carry, the Privateer Carry Commander was developed by U.S. Navy veteran and Carolina Arms Group founder Mark McCoy. It’s available at a MSRP of $4,200. See below for a rundown of features. For more, visit carolinaarmsgroup.com.
Privateer Carry Commander Features
- 4.25” Commander Model
- Forged Stainless Steel Frame & Slide – Hand Lapped For Smooth Fit
- Forward Carry Cuts
- Light Rail
- Patented Kart Precision National Match Barrel, Hand-Fit, Machined Bushings
- Full Length Guide Rod
- Night Sights
- Bobtail Frame
- Checkered Front Strap with 25 LPI
- Machined Wide Ride Beaver Tail Grip Safety Blended To Match The Frame
- Extended Ambidextrous Thumb Safety For Better Control & Comfort
- Wire EDM Hammer, Sear & Disconnector
- Adjustable Aluminum Trigger
- Machined Slide Stop
- Custom VZ Grips
- DLC Black Finish
- Two (2) 8-Round Magazines
- Available in .45ACP and 9mm