ZEV Technologies owns an enviable reputation for building high-quality, performance-based firearms. Once thought of merely in the realm of high-end Glock components and builds, the company seems to just keep evolving each and every year. Their latest rifle continues that theme, aiming squarely in on the high-end, professional-grade crowd. The ZEV Core Combat rifle series brings serious rifle for equally serious shooters or military and law enforcement professionals.
ZEV Core Combat Rifles
“Team ZEV has worked tirelessly with our engineering team, and elite law enforcement and military to develop a rugged, combat capable rifle series,” said Dan Groce, Director of Brand Engagement, ZEV Technologies. “These rifles are not only extremely accurate, but are built to withstand daily use in the field under harsh conditions. We look forward to getting them into the hands of both professional end users and discerning civilians who appreciate a quality self-defense tool.”
The Core Combat rifles feature both forged and billet models. The company will ultimately offer models chambered in .223 Wylde, 6.5 Creedmoor, and .308 Win. Each comes coated with Cerakote Elite over Type III, Class 2 hard coat anodizing.
The large-frame rifles come built on ZEV’s MML platform. Meanwhile, the .223 models derive from the company’s precision-machined forged receivers. The first rifle out of the gate comes chambered in 5.56, with large-frame rifles slated to hit the market soon, according to ZEV.
The Core Combat retails for $1,599. For even more info, please visit zevtechnologies.com.
ZEV Core Combat Features
- ZEV forged upper and lower receivers precision machined from 7075-T6 aluminum for strength and light weight.
- ZEV Wedge Lock hand guard provides a full length continuous top rail with M-LOK mounting system. The integrated anti-rotation pin ensures a consistently aligned and continuous top rail with the upper receiver.
- Rugged FDE Cerakote Elite series coating over type III class 2 hard coat anodization.
- ZEV durable 4150CMV barrel chambered in .223 Wylde.
- Tuned gas and buffer systems to prioritize reliability above all else.
- ZEV Muzzle Device
- Low profile fixed gas block
- H3 carbine buffer increases dwell time and reduces port pressure to ensure reliable extraction and a smooth recoil impulse
- Mil-spec chrome lined BCG with a manganese phosphate finish for improved lubricity and corrosion resistance.
- Duty weight 2-stage trigger.
- Radian Weapons Talon ambidextrous safety selector.
- 7075-T6 ambidextrous charging handle to increase service life of mil-spec forged receivers.
- Completed with Magpul furniture and one PMAG® 30 AR/M4 magazine.
ZEV Core Combat Specs
- Caliber: 5.56mm
- Barrel Length: 16 inches
- Overall Length: 34 inches
- Overall Weight: 6 pounds
- Material: 7075-T651 Forged Aluminum
- Finish: True Black Class 2 Type 3 Hard Coat Anodize, FDE Cerakote Elite
- Twist Rate: 1:8
- Tolerance: .001-inch
- MSRP: $1,599
In a world where some companies chase the low-quality, high-volume sale, ZEV continues to take a different approach. We’ve tested numerous ZEV rifles and pistols on the range over the years, and they never disappoint. While it keeps getting increasingly harder to differentiate in the AR-15 space, very good is still just that–very good. At first glance, this build seems to be just that. But we’ll get rounds downrange real soon and report the results.