After a tremendous amount of research and testing by Bill Wilson and the Wilson Combat team, the company has come out with custom AR platform rifles chambered in 6.8 SPC caliber.
The 6.8 SPC (6.8x43mm) was developed by the United States Army Marksmanship Unit to offer superior downrange lethality over the 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington in an AR pattern service rifle, with minimal loss of magazine capacity and a negligible increase in recoil.
Boasting outstanding accuracy and reliability, the 6.8 SPC is capable of pushing a .277 caliber, 85gr bullet to over 2900 FPS with their match-grade, Spec II chambered 16” barrels. Appropriate hand loading can achieve even higher velocities and enable the use of heavier projectiles up to 130 grains, dramatically improving terminal ballistics over a 5.56 Nato/.223 Remington at long range.
This added ballistic performance makes the 6.8 SPC perfect for home protection and SRT/SWAT teams. For more information and images, visit www.wilsoncombat.com/h_hog3.asp
* Wilson Combat forged 7075 flat top upper receiver, marked 6.8 SPC II
* Wilson Combat forged 7075 lower receiver
* Stainless medium weight (.740” at the muzzle) match grade barrel with 4 groove / 1-11 twist, SPC II chamber, M4 feedramps, 16” or 18”
* Mid-length gas system, with lo profile gas block
* LMT enhanced bolt and carrier with NP3 coating
* Wilson Combat quadrail
* Wilson Combat Accu-Tac flash hider, 5/8”-24
* Wilson Combat single stage TTU (tactical trigger unit) approx 4# pull
* MAGPUL CTR butt stock and MIAD pistol grip with tactical trigger guard
* Armor Tuff polymer finish in black, green, grey or tan
* One C-Products 15 round magazine
* Carry sling
* Wilson Combat nylon assault case
-TR-WCR68-16 Wilson Combat Recon 6.8 SPC 16″ $2,350
-TR-WCR68-18 Wilson Combat Recon 6.8 SPC 18″ $2,350
-TR-WCR68UP16 Complete Wilson Combat Recon 6.8 SPC Upper 16” $1,025
-TR-WCR68UP18 Complete Wilson Combat Recon 6.8 SPC Upper 18” $1,025