Wilson Combat just announced a remarkable tribute to the craft of the 1911 and the company’s legendary place in that field. The Wilson Combat 45th Deluxe Anniversary Supergrade comprises a retro Government Model like the custom guns of old. It captures the ’70’s and ’80’s in remarkable detail, crafting a perfect throwback to the age of combat shooting and emerging 1911 builders.
Wilson Combat 45th Deluxe Anniversary Supergrade
This retro gun brings back a “classic ‘retro’ style that built the foundation of our business back in the late 1970s and early 1980s,” stated a Wilson Combat press release. “Custom 1911 handguns at that period were rapidly evolving based on the needs of practical pistol shooters and Wilson Combat emerged as a leader in 1911 handgun customization by focusing on performing superior quality work at a fair price with a reasonable delivery time–those core values still drive our business today.”
The 45h Deluxe Anniversary Supergrade feature a full suite of classic, custom touches. The build includes an upswept, retro grip safety. A traditional Bo-Mar-style adjustable rear sight pairs with a classic, staked front. A retro Commander-style hammer and Swenson-style ambidextrous thumb safety add to the classic components. A coarsely serrated slide top brings back a familiar touch from this classic era of 1911 builds.
Wilson Combat plans to limit the Deluxe version to just 45 serialized pieces. These builds include hand-cut engraving by the acclaimed Wayne D’Angelo in a classic scroll pattern. The Deluxe mode will also feature hand-fitted Bar-Sto National Match barrels. Following engraving, slides receive hand polishing and deluxe bluing. Frames and small parts finish out with protective matte silver hard chrome.
The finished product delivers a classic, two-tone combat shooting masterpiece. It also immediately reminds shooters of early Wilson Combat builds. This one is an instant classic to be sure.
For more info, visit wilsoncombat.com.
Wilson Combat 45th Deluxe Anniversary Supergrade Features & Specs
- Available Calibers: .45 ACP
- Magazine Capacity: 7 rounds
- Barrel Length: 5”
- Overall Length: 8.7”
- Sight Radius: 6.6”
- Height: 5.6”
- Width: 1.3”
- Weight Empty: 40.7 oz
- Weight Loaded: 46.6 oz
- Accuracy Guarantee: 1” at 25 yds
- Full-Size Carbon Steel Frame with Hard Chrome Finish
- 30 LPI Checkered Frontstrap
- Contoured Magazine Well
- Retro Bullet Proof® Beavertail Grip Safety
- Retro Commander Hammer
- Ambidextrous Thumb Safety #192
- 3 ½# – 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Long Length Pad (Three Hole)
- Bullet Proof® Magazine Release
- Desert Ironwood, Beveled Bottom, Grips
- 5” Carbon Steel Slide with Polished Sides of Slide and Wilson Combat Deluxe Blue Finish
- Bo-Mar Style Rear Sight with Black Serrated Front Sight
- Full-Length Guide Rod
- 5” Stainless Match Grade Barrel and Bushing, Hand Fit
- Rear Forward Angled Cocking Serrations
- Course Slide Top Serrations
- Hand-Engraved by Wayne D’Angelo
- Deluxe Walnut Presentation Case / Certificate of Authenticity