Trigger locks are a pretty simple platform and not much has changed about them over the years. However, having to find the key, which is separate from the firearm, in a high-stress situation can be counterproductive. For this reason, other options are available that provide quicker access, even under duress.
5 Trigger Locks That Provide Quick Access
Although some are not too keen on biometrics standing between them and their pistol, it has its place. Not only does it provide quick access to your defensive pistol or rifle, but in some cases, it allows multiple users.
However, the technology has its drawbacks. It can run out of power or experience a technical error. For this reason, we have selected options that also provide a mechanical key entry. We also included a couple of traditional options that replace the key with a 3-dial combination for those not interested in biotechnology.
MasterLock 94DSPT Trigger Gun Lock
MasterLock is a company known for high-quality locks, which is what you want when locking up the trigger on a firearm. The 94DSPT features a user-programmable three-dial combination for quick, keyless access. Featuring the same standard trigger lock design makes it easy to operate since it is a familiar platform. However, with the absence of a mechanical key, the 94DSPT will be difficult to operate in low-light situations. Utilizing the standard design means that the 94DSPT is compatible with many handguns, rifles, and shotguns.
- Set Your Own numeric combination
- The world standard in trigger lock design
- Steel and zinc body for maximum durability
- Features positive locking with adjustable ratchet mechanism
- Special rubber pads protect gun’s finish from marring or scratching
- 3 dial combination security for keyless convenience
- Fits many handguns, rifles and shotguns
For more information, please visit MasterLock.com.
Bulldog Trigger Lock with Combination
Like the MasterLock, the Bulldog also features a user-programmable three-dial combination pad for quick, keyless entry. The advantages of the combination lock style entry are that you can share the combination with authorized users, and you don’t have to look for a key. Also, like the MasterLock, the Bulldog uses a traditional design, making it compatible with multiple firearms. However, like other combination trigger locks, it will be difficult to access in low-light situations.
- Fits Most Handguns, Rifles, Shotguns & MSR’s
- Easy To Install & Set
- Features Positive Locking W/ Adjustable Ratchet Mechanism Special Cushion Pads & Pins Protect Gun’s Finish From Marring Or Scratching
- Offers Added Convenience Of A Keyless Resettable Combination (BD8000)
For more information, please visit BulldogCases.com.
Smart Trigger Lock (STL) for Glock
The STL features biometric entry, utilizing a CMOS Capacitive Fingerprint Sensor for access in under one second. Designed for Glock models, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 20, Glock 22, Glock 23, Glock 26, Glock 27, Glock 34, and Glock 45, the STL stores the fingerprints of 10 users. One user is the admin and the other eight are additional users. The rechargeable device also includes a mechanical key backup, in the event of low power.
- Low power consumption: Allowing up to 800-1000 lock / unlock actions
- Easy operation: Stores up to 10 fingerprints
- You can easily store the weapon with the STL: You can put it in a box or wherever you want
- Less than 1 second of unlocking: Fast recognition technology
- Key option: Manual option that lets you unlock the device with the key
For more information, please visit SmartTriggerLock.net.
Bison Fingerprint Trigger Lock – L2
The Bison, features a smaller, more traditional design, making it compatible with pistols, rifles, and shotguns with trigger dimensions of 2.67 L x 1.37 H x 0.70 W (inches). However, the biometric scanner makes it a bit wider than a traditional lock but does provide quicker access.
The top-of-the-line capacitor reads fingerprints at any orientation for 99.999% accuracy when it matters most. When activated, the Bison releases in under 0.3 seconds. But, in the event of low power on the rechargeable battery, a mechanical key provides access. The Bison allows for 10 user profiles, with 2 admins and 8 users.
- Fits pistols, rifles, revolvers, and shotguns with trigger dimensions of 2.67 L x 1.37 H x 0.70 W (inches)
- Aluminum casing construction
- Top-of-the-line capacitive sensor reads fingerprint at any orientation with 99.999% accuracy
- 0.3 second release provides access in a fraction of a second
- Up to 10 user profiles (2 administrators, 8 users)
- Mechanical key backup
For more information, please visit BisonGunLock.com.
IDENTILOCK Security System
The largest of the 5 is the IDENTILOCK Security System, with 360-degree fingerprint recognition. Once activated, the clamshell design opens in 0.3 seconds, about as fast as the human eye blinks. In the event the rechargeable li-ion battery loses power, a mechanical dimple-key override provides quick access to your pistol.
Programmable for three users, a visual check provides instant feedback when access is denied. The IDENTILOCK is available for various 1911 models and models from Glock, S&W M&P, S&W Shield, and Springfield Armory.
- 0.3 second release
- 360-degree fingerprint recognition
- Up to 3 authorized users
- Dimple-key mechanical key override
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Compatible with more than 30 makes and models
For more information, please visit GetIdentilock.com.