Take a look below at the new version’s top features!
1. Size: Thin and flat, the Smith & Wesson M&P Bodyguard 380 is easy to conceal for backup carry. It’s only 5.25 inches long and packs 6+1 rounds of .380 ACP ammo, making it just about perfect for carrying in an ankle holster.
2. Weight: Since the pistol is so lightweight—only 12 ounces unloaded—carrying it on a 12-hour patrol shift is not as much of a burden as carrying a heavier gun.
3. Controls: The pistol’s controls, including its manual thumb safety and slide release, are low profile and unobtrusive but accessible when needed.
4. Grip: Despite the abbreviated polymer grip frame necessitated by its compact design, the M&P Bodyguard 380’s grooved frontstrap and finger-extension magazine make for a comfortable and controllable grip.
5. Chamber Indicator: A simple but effective loaded-chamber indicator (a port in the rear top of the barrel hood) makes verifying the condition of the M&P Bodyguard 380 much easier.
6. System of Operation: The M&P Bodyguard 380’s simple, hammer-fired, double-action-only system of operation makes the pistol safe to carry and easy to get into action when needed.
7. Sights: The S&W M&P Bodyguard 380 has high-visibility front and rear sights that are easy to acquire, especially for fast follow-up shots.
8. Reliable Finish: The pistol uses a matte black stainless steel slide and a 2.75-inch barrel that are both coated with a corrosion-resistant finish. This quality is just another feature ensuring the M&P Bodyguard 380 will perform no matter where your duties take you.
9. No Laser, No Problem: Since this model has deleted the original Bodyguard 380’s integral laser, officers at departments that prohibit the use of laser aiming devices can use the M&P Bodyguard 380 without making any alterations.
10. Backup: The M&P Bodyguard 380 makes for a great backup to a full-sized M&P pistol from Smith & Wesson, such as the M&P9, M&P40, M&P45 or the popular M&P Shield.