As one of Walther’s newest additions, the PPQ M2 was born and bred for law enforcement.
In his preview of the PPQ M2 for the October 2014 issue of GUNS & WEAPONS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT, author Scott W. Wagner writes, “Weighing in at only 24 ounces because of its sculpted-polymer frame with a 15-round magazine capacity, the compact-sized, 4-inch-barreled, 9mm PPQ M2 exudes German engineering and renowned Walther quality. As soon as I removed the PPQ M2 from the box, I knew it was a pistol with exceptional quality and features ideal for law enforcement use.”
Check out the top features of the Walther PPQ M2 in the following slideshow.
For more information on the firearm and other products from Walther, please visit WaltherArms.com.
1. The new PPQ M2 features an interchangeable backstrap system for customizing the grip frame to fit a wide range of hand sizes.
2. Unlike previous Walther iterations that featured magazine release paddles integral with the bottom of the triggerguard, the PPQ M2 features a 1911-style magazine release button located at the rear of the triggerguard, ensuring American shooters will feel right at home with the pistol.
3. The PPQ M2’s highly ergonomic grip shape features imbedded finger grooves to ensure officers retain total control of the pistol while handing and firing. The grip also features subtle texturing that both attractive and highly functional.
4. The generously sized, ambidextrous slide release levers are easy to reach without shifting your grip. This ensures civilians and officers can get the pistol back into action quickly.
5. The pistol features high-visibility sights that are easy to acquire, yet they’re low profile enough to ensure that they won’t hang up on clothing or gear. Walther equips the pistol with the common three-white-dot sighting arrangement.
6. The pistol’s hammerless, striker-fired system is built for simple and reliable operation. A shooter can master the pistol very quickly, which translates to less training time and costs. The lack of a hammer also means the pistol is easy to conceal and access without snagging on clothing or gear.
7. A paddle-style safety located in the face of the PPQ M2’s trigger protects against unintentional discharges.
8. An integrated accessory rail on the dust cover of the pistol allows users to easily equip the pistol with lights, laser units and other accessories. In other words, the PPQ M2 can be quickly adapted for every mission profile.
9. The PPQ M2’s polymer frame helps keep the pistol lightweight while still remaining extremely durable.
10. The pistol features a generously sized ejection port and a robustly constructed extractor for optimum reliability.