Similar to the socio-economic groups that exist within the stereotypical lives of families everywhere, there’s a hierarchy and class structure that permeates the criminal underworld and, more specifically, the realm of hired hitmen.
From the common thug that will pop a cap into anyone for a measly grand to a more complex hit upon a powerful politician or businessman, contract killers can run the gamut from desperate-for-a-buck hooligans to deviously-cunning-for-substantial-personal-gain killers. These pedestrian examples pale in comparison to an elite assassin for hire.
This sophisticated person exhibits all the characteristics that nearly anyone would find intriguing and attractive. Often a first-class world traveler who eats at the finest restaurants and drives only the most luxurious imported sportscars, this guy does and has it all. He has one trait, however—to put it mildly—that may be a bit off-putting to most. He is a cold-blooded killer, who fetches big dollars for his highly specialized set of skills.
As one of the relatively select few in this profession, the high-class hitman naturally has the gear and weaponry to complement his top-tier sense of style and operation. With high-tech night-vision devices, titanium daggers and sniper rifles that cost more than most people make in a year, this man excels at his deadly trade and has all the best high-dollar toys to back him up.
Sniper Rifle With Scope
Stealth and secrecy is the modus operandi of most elite assassins, and close-up interaction with their intended targets is not typically on their “to-do” lists. Some advanced models fetch into the tens of thousands of dollars. The range of today’s sniper rifles is staggering—reaching nearly a half a mile and beyond. With bullets hitting supersonic speeds, the poor soul who is on the receiving end will feel the shot long before he would ever hear it!
Highlights / Specifications
- Range: 300-2,300 meters.
- Powerful enough to penetrate a cinderblock wall.
- Sniper scope upper cost: $5,000.
- Longest sniper shot on record: 2,475 meters.
- Cost: $1,500-$10,000 (avg. without scope).
Silent and deadly, a knife can make a kill quickly without attracting unwanted attention to the high-class hitman. In a cramped club, down a busy street or stuffed like canned sardines on the subway, the crowd is the killer’s cover as the point and blade lacerate the victim’s tender skin and puncture arteries or vital organs deep within the body. Carried out with surgical precision, the hitman can be away before the body even hits the ground.
- Silent and concealable.
- Razor-sharp edge.
- Able to cut major arteries with a single slice.
- Can puncture major organs with ease.
- Fixed or folding models available.
Pistol With Silencer
Easily kept concealed until the time is right to earn his money, the high-class hitman will usually carry a pistol with a suppressor on him at all times. While no pistol can be called truly silent—this is why purists always use the term “suppresser” as opposed to “silencer”—a greatly reduced muzzle flash and gunshot sound can help to cover a hit occurring at a noisy intersection, a rowdy bar or a loud dance club. Although a high-quality silencer can fetch upward of two grand alone and the pistol another $1,000-$2,000. This total dollar amount is chump change compared to the return the assassin will receive after his 9mm or .45-caliber bullet hits its mark through the victim’s head or soon-to-be-no-longer-beating heart.
- Suppressor cost: $300-$1,500.
- Reduces possible hearing loss.
- Suppressors are legal for private ownership in 42 states.
- Silencers attach onto most handguns; some come pre-threaded.
- No “puff” or “whisper” sound like in the movies, but decibel level is greatly reduced.
Subtlety is at its finest when the hitman uses poison to put a permanent end to his victim, which, afterwards, of course, adds many thousands to his bank account. Dropped into a person’s morning coffee, added to their lunchtime sandwich or injected with a syringe when they least expect it, a deadly liquid concoction is a silent killer that’s hard to trace and even harder to determine cause of death until a full autopsy is performed. Such poisons include polonium, a radioactive element that kills over several weeks; ricin, used to produce failure of the central nervous system, kidneys and liver; and even Clostridium botulinum, more commonly known as Botox, which causes paralysis of the nervous system and muscle weakness.
- Poisons have been used by humans for over 3,000 years.
- Botulin is tasteless and odorless.
- Sarin, soman and VX can kill a human in 60 seconds or less.
- One gram of vaporized polonium can kill around 1.5 million people.
- Paddy rice, wheat, sugar cane, soy beans, cassava and maize all contain varying amounts of compounds that metabolize into cyanide.
Night Vision Goggles
Darkness doesn’t stop a high-class hitman from targeting his victim. In fact, it’s preferred as he uses the cloak of night as cover and high-tech night vision goggles to virtually see when the sun is no longer high in the sky. Night vision works well to scope out the “mark” in advance, and then the same eyewear is used to target the victim for elimination. Sporting a price tag from a few hundred to tens of thousands of dollars, only the best piece of equipment will do to make the hit clean and precise.
- Waterproof and fog proof.
- Scratch-resistant lenses.
- Multiple brightness settings.
- Shock resistant.
- Some take video and photos with included SD card.
C4 Plastic Explosives
Obtained on the underground market, assassins can use C4 plastic explosives to take out the vehicles or residences of their intended targets. Similar in texture and composition to modeling clay, C4 can be molded into nearly any shape that can be used to direct its explosive blast toward an unsuspecting victim. The beauty of C4 is that ignites only by a shockwave from the inserted detonator. It is truly a high-class explosive for the man capable of acquiring it and using it without regret.
- Relatively safe for transport and storage.
- Easily moldable to direct blast.
- Military-grade C4 offers incredible results.
- Detonated with shockwave from implanted detonator.
- Incredible range and kill zone.