Taurus just announced its newest revolver, the Defender 856. Based on the original 856, the Defender 856 carries easy and delivers a low profile in a compact package to perform across all environmental and lighting conditions via its front sight system.
Taurus Defender 856
The Defender 856 features a factory-installed front sight post with an integrated tritium vial. It allows for quick sight picture acquisition in the lowest light conditions. To ensure fast sight alignment in elevated ambient light conditions, the front sight post face surrounding the tritium element features bright orange. The dual system gives the Defender 856 true all-light performance, according to Taurus. It becomes a go-anywhere revolver for personal defense.
The Defender 856 launches with several different models. Finishes included matte stainless, Cerakote, anodize black and matte black. Each gun comes with a 3-inch barrel, and the entire line is chambered .38 Special +P. Retail prices range from $425 to $477.
For more information, visit taurususa.com.
Taurus Defender 856 Specifications:
- Caliber: .38 Special +P
- Frame Size: Small
- Capacity: 6 rounds
- Action Type: DA/SA
- Barrel Length: 3.0 inches
- Overall Length: 7.5 inches
- Overall Height: 4.80 inches
- Width: 1.41 inches
- Finish: Stainless steel matte, aluminum alloy matte, stainless steel black tenifer, aluminum alloy hard coat black anodized, stainless steel matte/black and tungsten Cerakote
- Grip: Hogue rubber, VZ black/gray, walnut
- Front Sight: Tritium night sight w/bright orange outline
- Rear Sight: Fixed
- Safety: Transfer bar
- MSRP: $429-$477 (depending on configuration)