Sure, you could argue that the red dot market is getting a little crowded. However, the budget friendly corner still has some elbow room. If you have a lot of rifles to outfit or are working within a specific budget, affordable optics really help. For this reason, options like the SCOUTER red dot from Strike Industries keep your build on target with your pocketbook.
Strike Industries SCOUTER Red Dot
Designed and assembled in the USA, the sight housing is CNC machined from a solid billet of 6061-T6 aluminum alloy. In addition, the included absolute height mounting base features a solid aluminum billet construction. As a result, the SCOUTER is a rugged red dot option, while remaining aesthetically pleasing.
The solid aluminum construction, coupled with water resistance of 30 feet for 3 hours, makes the SCOUTER perfect for even the harshest environments. It’s lightweight, 6.30-ounce footprint along with the compact design makes it a viable option for close-quarters weapons platforms.
Housed within the body is a 2.0 MOA red dot with 11 illumination settings. Correspondingly, the SCOUTER remembers your last illumination setting when powered back on. Specially customized European mini micro-LED provides a crystal-clear red dot reflection on the 20mm objective lens. Likewise, the micro-LED, together with no parallax, unlimited eye-relief and a wide 20mm field of view (FOV) ensure fast target acquisition and transition. Additionally, the collimated wedge lens with multi-layer coating provides a sharp and clear view.
The reticle is powered by 1 CR2032 Li-ion battery, providing 18,000 hours of life at level 6 illumination. To ensure a longer battery life, the SCOUTER powers down after 2 hours without motion. However, it powers back up when motion is detected. To extend the battery life while stored, the SCOUTER can be powered down and will not engage with motion. Although, when powered off manually, the motion detection will not power the reticle.
The Strike Industries SCOUTER Red Dot is available now, with an MSRP of $249.95. For more info, please visit StrikeIndustries.com.
Strike Industries SCOUTER Red Dot Specs
-SCOUTER LxWxH: 79.30mm (3.12″) x 45.30mm (1.78″) x 38.50mm (1.52″)
-SCOUTER w/ mount height: 62.00mm (1.78″)
Weight: 6.30 oz (w/ battery & mount)
FOV (Field of View): 20mm
Reticle: 2.0 MOA red dot (650nm +/-10NM wavelength)
Illumination Settings: Level 1 – Level 11
Adjustment: 1/2 MOA per click
Power: x1 CR2032 Li-ion
Battery Life: 18,000 hours @ level #6
*Auto ON/OFF: Motion detected on / 2 hours after no motion
Material: CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminum
Water Resistant: 10 meters (30 ft.) / 3 hours
*NOTE: Auto motion detected on only works if red dot is not manually turned off. Only when standby occurs with no motion after 2 hours
Strike Industries SCOUTER Red Dot Features
- Rugged and aesthetically pleasing HOOD design
- Motion activated on and auto shut off after 2 hours
- European mini micro-LED technology
- Collimated wedge lens with multi-layer coating for a sharp and clear view
- Rigid battery cover
- Unique original distinguished design by SIOPTO & Strike Industries engineers
- Variety of SIOPTO compatible optional accessories (coming soon)
- 20mm diameter objective lens
- 18,000 hour battery life at mid brightness level #6
- Brightness setting from level 1 – level 11
- Last brightness setting memory when turned back on -Included absolute height mount compatible w/ 1913 Picatinny rail
- One-piece sight housing and mount made from 6061-T6 aluminum
- Designed and assembled in the USA
- Limited Lifetime Warranty