Springfield Armory made big news recently with the release of its tiniest of pistols. And with good reason. The new Hellcat manages to put a ton of capacity into a svelte, micro-compact platform. At the recent 2019 Athlon Outdoors Rendezvous, we got the opportunity to run the Hellcat, at night, and man was it impressive.
Springfield Hellcat Night Shoot
“This is now the highest-capacity and smallest 9mm micro-compact pistol on the market,” said Steve Kramer, Vice President of Marketing, Springfield Armory. “We are also the only one on the market right now to offer from the factory a gun this small also milled for a red dot optic on it.”
The collection of features on the Hellcat impressed. Edges are rounded and contoured where needed for carry. Yet a 360-degree grip texture helps keep control of the small package. Featuring a good sight system, flat trigger and of course the milled slide for optics, the Hellcat emerges as formidable optic for EDC.
Just watch our editors bolt on a light and own the night during our recent shoot. The Hellcat delivered. For more information, visit springfield-armory.com.
Springfield Hellcat Specs
- Model: Hellcat OSP
- Caliber: 9mm
- Capacity: 11+1 (flush fit); 13+1 (extended)
- Barrel Length: 3 inches
- Overall Length: 6 inches
- Height: 4 inches (flush fit); 4.5 inches (extended)
- Grip Width: 1 inch
- Weight: 17.9 ounces (flush fit); 18.3 inches (extended)
- Front Sights: Tritium Luminescent
- Rear Sights: Tactical Rack “U” Notch
- Frame: Black Polymer, Adaptive Grip Texture
- MSRP: $599 (fOSP Model); $569 (Standard Model)