Over the years the M&P has enjoyed popularity as a reliable and proven platform. But Smith & Wesson is never one to rest on its laurels. For example, last year the manufacturer addressed the increased calls for optic ready slides on the M&P lineup. Similarly, this year Smith & Wesson has upgraded the M&P9 M2.0 platform with enhancements, based on consumer feedback.
The Smith & Wesson Upgraded M&P9 M2.0
Building on the M&P9 platform, the new handguns are purpose-built with the end consumer in mind. The polymer frame includes an enhanced, textured grip with 18-degree grip angle, offering a firm grip and recoil management, as a result. Similarly, four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts ensure the optimal hand fit and trigger reach, based on each user’s preference. Additionally, the extended rigid embedded stainless-steel chassis reduces flex and torque while firing.
A noticeable enhancement to the upgraded M&P9 is the new M2.0 flat face trigger. The upgraded trigger has a comparatively lighter trigger pull than the previous model. In addition, the new design optimizes trigger finger positioning, delivering consistency for more accurate shot placement. Ensuring safe handling, the new M&P9 also comes with or without an ambidextrous manual thumb safety.
The stainless-steel slide also includes forward and rear cocking serrations. Furthermore, the addition of the C.O.R.E. system of mounting plates (seven plates are included) provides the end-user the ability to mount a variety of popular optics. Also focusing on optics compatibility are the tall, white dot front and rear sights. The new M2.0 additionally features M&P’s patented take-down lever and sear deactivation systems, for disassembly without pulling the trigger.
John Myles, Smith & Wesson’s Senior Product Manager, said, “The diversity of the C.O.R.E. system for mounting electronic sights, the consistency of the new flat face trigger, and all of the high-quality existing features of the M2.0 family combine into a unique shooting experience and a variety of aftermarket consumer choices for use at the range or for personal carry.”
The upgraded Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0 is available now with an MSRP of $645.00 – $665.00, depending on options. For more info, please visit Smith-Wesson.com.
Smith & Wesson Upgraded M&P9 M2.0 Features
- Slide cut for optics
- M2.0 ﬂat face trigger for consistent ﬁnger placement that allows for more accurate and repeatable shooting
- Manual thumb safety
- Picatinny-style rail
- Forward slide cocking serrations
- Low barrel bore axis makes the M&P pistol comfortable to shoot reducing muzzle rise and allowing for faster aim recovery
- Optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim
- Enhanced grip texture allows the user to manage recoil, keep a ﬁrm grip and delivers comfort when concealing
- New M&P M2.0 trigger with lighter trigger pull
- Tactile and audible trigger reset
- Accurate 1 in 10˝ twist M&P® M2.0™ barrel
- Extended rigid embedded stainless-steel chassis to reduce ﬂex and torque when ﬁring
- M&P’s patented take-down lever and sear deactivation systems allow for disassembly without pulling the trigger
- Seven mounting plates included
- Four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts for optimal hand ﬁt and trigger reach – S, M, ML, L
- Armornite® durable corrosion resistant ﬁnish
- MSRP: $654.00 – $665.00