Smith & Wesson is a name that needs no introduction. Likewise, their M&P line of pistols has enjoyed sustained popularity since its inception. Now, with the rise in popularity of optic-ready pistols, the Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield Plus gets into the action.
The Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield Plus
Getting into the micro red-dot game, the slide features an optics cutout that accepts many popular optics currently available. However, if you are one who prefers iron sights, the M&P9 ships with removable night sights. Although, you can select white dot iron sights, if you prefer. As with all M&P’s, the rear slide serrations ensure positive manipulation of the slide, even under duress.
A 3.1-inch barrel keeps the M&P9 Shield Plus in the micro-compact category, for excellent concealment. In addition, an optimized grip texture is designed specifically for concealed carry. With a focus on accuracy the grip also features the M&P hallmark 18-degree grip angle. As a result, the M&P9 Shield Plus has a natural point of aim, for better recoil management and target acquisition.
A flat-faced trigger, coupled with the striker-fired action make for improved consistency and accuracy. After your shot, a tactile and audible trigger reset also notifies you when the trigger is set for another round. The overall number of rounds sent downrange are up to you, as the M&P9 ships with extended 13+1 round and flush fit 10+1 round magazines.
Vince Perreault, Senior Brand Manager, said, “The use of optics on concealed carry handguns has become increasingly popular as owners look for ways to enhance their accuracy and shooting experience. Responding to consumer feedback, we’re now proud to offer a highly sought-after combination – our M&P9 Shield Plus pistol complete with a 3.1” slide cut of optics as well as night sights. These popular aftermarket modifications are now available in the M&P Shield Plus, straight from the factory.”
The Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield Plus is available now, with or without a manual thumb safety, with an MSRP of $595.00. For more info, please visit Smith-Wesson.com.
Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield Plus Features
- Slide cut for optics
- Flat face trigger for consistent trigger finger placement that allows for more accurate and repeatable shooting
- Enhanced grip texture allows the user to manage recoil, keep a firm grip and delivers comfort when concealing
- Extended magazine offers 13+1 round capacity
- For more concealable option, we offer a flush-fit 10 round magazine
- 13 round and 10 round magazines included
- Tactile and audible trigger reset
- Extremely thin and lightweight – can be comfortably carried all day
- M&P’s patented take-down lever and sear deactivation systems allow for disassembly without pulling the trigger
- Optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim
- Armornite® durable corrosion resistant finish
- Backed by Smith & Wesson’s Lifetime Service Policy
Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield Plus Specs
Caliber: 9mm Luger
Capacity: 10+1, 13+1
Overall Length: 6.1
Front Sight: Orange Ring Tritium Night Sight
Rear Sight: Black Tritium Night Sight
Action: Striker Fire
Barrel Material: Stainless Steel with Armornite® Finish
Slide Material: Stainless Steel with Armornite® Finish
Frame Material: Polymer
Slide Finish: Matte Black
Frame Finish: Matte Black
Barrel Length: 3.1 inches (7.9 cm)
Weight: 19.3 ounces