SIG just added yet another evolution to the growing Cross family of bolt-action rifles, this one clearly aimed a precision performance. The new SIG Cross STX offers several component upgrades and accessories to help get the most out of long-range engagements.
The STX features a 20-inch barrel, full-length Picatinny top rail and thumb rest safety selector. A PRS-style grip and AR-style controls and ergonomics should keep it extremely familiar to most shooters. Developed with input from professional shooters, the SIG bills the STX as built to deliver “extreme performance in a lightweight, long-range platform.”
Cross STX Features
- Free float MLOK handguard w/ full length 20 MOA top rail
- New 20in heavy barrel equipped with SLH/SLX suppressor-ready flash hider
- External paddle magazine release
- Stage adjustable match trigger
- Folding adjustable precision stock, 30 inches overall length folded
- Includes a PRS-style grip and a right-side thumb rest safety lever
SIG Sauer Cross STX
- Calibers: .308 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor
- Barrel Length: 20 inches
- Magazines Included: 1 10-Round Polymer Magazine
- Magazine Type: AICS
- Action: Bolt-Action
- Stock: SIG Precision Stock
- Barrel Material: Stainless Steel
- Trigger Type: 2-Stage Match
- Twist Rate: 1:10
- Forend Type: Alloy
- Grip Type: Polymer
- Receiver Finish: Black Anodized
- Overall Length: 41.5 inches
- Height: 8 inches
- Overall Weight: 7.7 pounds
On August 7, 2020, Tactical Life reported:
SIG Sauer just dropped some big news we have been waiting on: The SIG Cross is finally shipping. The company’s show-stopping bolt-action rifle will hit stores across the U.S. soon.
SIG Cross Bolt-Action Rifle Now Shipping
We first tested the rifle last year from the 2019 Athlon Outdoor Rendezvous. Our friends at Ballistic also reviewed the rifle. We knew SIG would show the rifle, but we still left blown away by the platform. The first bolt gun built entirely by SIG, it’s designed to perform in all conditions. From competition to extreme hunting scenarios, the Cross pulls from a team of professionals.
The SIG Cross features a precision free-floating stainless steel barrel fitted to a one-piece aluminum receiver. It needs no bedding or action screws, delivering extreme accuracy. An aluminum M-LOK handguard enables quick attachment of bipods, rails, optics and more. Familiar AR-15 controls provide an easy transition to the platform.
The rifle incorporates a unique two-stage, match-grade trigger, adjustable from 2 to 4.5 pounds. AICS-pattern magazines feed the system.
A unique folding and locking precision stock offers toolless adjustment, modified for any shooting position while afield. Folded, the Cross measures only 25 inches overall. As such, it fits any nearly any backcountry backpack.
The SIG Cross comes in .308 Win. and 6.5 Creedmoor with an 18-inch barrel. Meanwhile, the all-new 277 SIG Fury Hybrid cartridge comes with a 16-inch barrel. That 277 SIG Fury is a lot of fun. For more information, please visit sigsauer.com.
CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle Specs (6.5 Creedmoor / .308 WIN):
- Overall Length: 35.5 inches
- Folded Length: 27.0 inches
- Barrel Length: 18 inches
- Barrel Twist: 1:8
- Weight (w/o magazine): 6.4 pounds
CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle Specs (277 FURY):
- Overall Length: 36.5 inches
- Folded Length: 25.0 inches
- Barrel Length: 16 inches
- Barrel Twist: 1:10 / 1:85
- Weight (w/o magazine): 6.2 pounds