At the most recent Athlon Outdoors Rendezvous, we got some serious trigger time trying out a host of new guns, gear, ammo and optics from the industry. Suppressors played a major role in this event, with several companies launching or updating lines with innovative new cans. The Rugged Suppressors Alaskan 360 opened some eyes as shooters got a first look at this capable multi-caliber suppressor.
Rugged Suppressors Alaskan 360
This one comes in as a true “do-it-all” suppressor, accommodating pistols and sub-guns up to 9mm and rifles up the big .338 Lapua. A lightweight design, Rugged bills this can as one capable to meeting multiple challenges. Bolt it on your semi-auto pistol or PCC for range work. Carry it your hunting pack for serious backcountry pursuits.
“It goes from 9mm all the way up to .338 Lapua,” said Travis Taylor, Rugged Suppressors. “You can run it on your MP5 all day long, and then swap it over to your bolt gun and you’re good to go.”
The Alaskan 360 utilizes the Rugged Universal Mount (R.U.M.). The system delivers modularity, accommodating all Rugged rifle mounts, along with several industry standard variants. The Rugged mount utilizes a dual taper locking system, providing a concentric lockup, protecting threads from carbon build up, according to Rugged. Built from US Grade 5 Titanium, the full system, with can, tips the scales at a mere 11.8 ounces.
The Alaskan 360 retails for $1,099. For even more info, please visit ruggedsuppressors.com.
Rugged Suppressors Alaskan 360 Specifications:
- Caliber: Rifle, up to .338 Lapua; Pistol/Subgun, up to 9mm
- Diameter: 1.6 inches
- Overall Length: 7.5 inches (with R.U.M.); 6.6 inches (without R.U.M.)
- Overall Weight: 11.8 ounces (with R.U.M.); 9.4 ounces (without R.U.M.)
- At Ear dB: 130.1-140.9 dB (caliber dependent)
- Baffles: 17-4 Stainless Steel
- Body: 17-4 Stainless Steel
- Mount: US Grade 5 Titanium
- Finish: High Temp Cerakote
- Front Cap: US Grade 5 Titanium
- MSRP: $1,099