Rave Mobile Safety — a company which aims to enhance safety in public places through innovative software solutions — announced via press release their brand new Rave Panic Button, a mobile app which provides real-time alerts to 9-1-1, first responders and key on-site personnel simultaneously.
Designed for active shooter incidents in schools and corporate campuses, placing a call via the Rave Panic Button provides 9-1-1 and first responders with crucial data such as floor plans, video feeds, locations, procedures, and other important details through Rave’s patented Smart911 technology. The simultaneous notification of the incident to 9-1-1, first responders and personnel improves collaboration, allowing for an effective resolution to the crisis. By simultaneously notifying all designated responders of the incident, reaction time is also dramatically reduced. The caller now has a direct connection to 9-1-1 and first responders.
“There is nothing more important than protecting our schools,” Police Chief Tom O’Loughlin of Milford, Mass said via press release. ”Rave Panic Button provides a critical link between the communications center, school resource officers, school administrators and responders. It will save time in a response, give better situational awareness – and with the immediate availability of detailed caller location, floor plans, exit details and more – it will enable more precise and effective on-site action.”
“Rave Panic Button makes it possible for school personnel and all law enforcement and 9-1-1 centers to get the same real-time information and data in an integrated format,” said Everett Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning (Wash.), Dr.Molly Ringo. ”This project brought together school personnel, law enforcement and 9-1-1 centers to collaborate on an effective emergency response system and approach across multiple organizations.”
* Provides direct connection between 9-1-1, emergency responders and the caller, leveraging the existing 9-1-1 infrastructure while automatically notifying key on-site resources.
* Automatically displays critical data such as detailed caller location, floor plans, emergency exits locations, emergency contacts, and key procedures to 9-1-1 and responders.
* Provides easy, scalable method for maintenance of facility/site emergency response information.
* Enables immediate, secure collaboration between responders and on-site personnel.
* Automatically notifies defined on-site personnel (e.g. security officer, maintenance, supervisors) of the Panic Button activation and when the call is answered at 9-1-1.
* Leverages the ubiquitous and familiar mobile phone and expands Panic Button coverage area to wherever a user might be.
* Supports Panic Button activation on any mobile phone, not just some smart phones.
* Unique method of providing communication with 9-1-1 from a mobile phone even when cell coverage is poor.
* Rapid installation without any required on-site hardware or software.
* Ease of set-up and training for users, as well as temporary site personnel.
For more information about the Rave Panic Button and other products offered by Rave Mobile Safety, please visit http://www.ravemobilesafety.com