Safariland brand PROTECH Tactical has unveiled its new Fast Attack Vest, which is outfitted with the FirstSpear Tubes Closure System. It’s designed for the first responder, law enforcement and tactical markets. More information is available in the press release below.
FirstSpear Tubes enhance the ease of donning and doffing the Fast Attack Vest with a quick up or down single-hand function. The easy motion for attaching or detaching the system leverages the user’s muscle memory, ideal for stressful or high-speed scenarios. FirstSpear Tubes ensure the cummerbund of the garment is always positioned in the same location, which is vital for proper ballistic overlap to mitigate the risk of misalignment and incorrect attachment.
“Our partnership with FirstSpear granted the opportunity to incorporate cutting-edge Tubes technology into some of our most trusted tactical platforms,” said Todd Mackler, vice president of Safariland Armor. “By redesigning high-speed platforms, such as the Fast Attack Vest, and offering the Tubes closure variant, we’re able to further accommodate the market demand for lightweight, high-performing, rapid-release closure systems.”
- RELATED STORY: 3 Pieces of Police Training Advice For Today’s Threats
Following the release of the Shift 360 with Tubes closure, the Fast Attack Vest with FirstSpear Tubes is the second of three tactical platforms to be introduced with the closure system configuration this fall. Capitalizing on the innovative integration of the most sought-after tactical platforms and closure system technologies currently available, the Fast Attack Vest with Tubes closure was developed under the continuing partnership between Safariland and FirstSpear, LLC.
This Fast Attack Vest typifies the purpose of high-speed platforms with design features chosen specifically for user comfort, maneuverability and custom configurations, including:
- Advanced Webless System (AWS) load-bearing platform to reduce overall carrier weight by approximately 30 percent without sacrificing durability, plus optional equipment/pouch configurability.
- Full ballistic panel array consisting of front, back, side and shoulder with a multitude of ballistic packages from the Safariland Armor product line, including the Hardwire® vest, the lightest Type II and Type IIIA body armor in the world from Hardwire, LLC.
- Optional accessories such as ballistic collar, ballistic throat, structured upper arms, lower abdomen/spine protector, and groin protector for additional ballistic coverage.
- Compatibility with hard armor plates for stand-alone or in-conjunction-with protection in 8” x 10” or 10” x 12” rectangle, shooters and swimmers cut and Medium SAPI.
The Fast Attack AWS FST is available in an a-la-carte ordering system for teams and individuals to configure their fighting system for their specific needs. Also offered is an array of ballistic and non-ballistic accessories, tactical pouches and identification patches. It is also available for ordering with Type II and Type IIIA ballistic packages as well as color options based on the AWS load-bearing material.
Currently offered in the Advanced Webless System, the Fast Attack Vest will soon be available with FirstSpear 6/12TM (6/12) load-bearing material. This state-of-the-art material eliminates excess yards of bulk nylon, snaps and polymer stiffener for an overall system weight reduction. Additionally, 6/12 load-bearing material provides increased fabric flexibility and a clean silhouette that aids in enhanced signature management and mobility.
A Traditional Modular Webbing (TMW) Fast Attack Vest model will be available in the near future, while another carrier is anticipated for a late November release to address needs of officers and first responders in the most demanding environments.
For more information on the Fast Attack AWS FST, please visit: www.protechtactical.com.