Serving the specific needs of military, government, law enforcement, fire and EMS, Oakley Standard Issue began in the 1980s. For this reason, it has an unsurpassed reputation for developing performance based ballistic eyewear. The new Oakley SI Ballistic HNBL eyewear further exemplifies its constant commitment to innovation and quality.
Oakley SI Ballistic HNBL Eyewear
Building on its stress-resistant O Matter™ frame material, the HNBL glasses offer durability and all-day comfort, regardless of face size. The frames also offer full compatibility with MICH, ACH, CVC, PASGT, Ops-Core®, Team Wendy® and Crye™ helmets. Additionally, the thin stem technology is compatible with over-ear hearing protection and communications systems.
The HNBL is optimized to meet high impact standards for Mil Spec 32432A and ANSI Z87.1. However, this does not impact their low-profile design. Likewise, all optional lenses are made of Plutonite, Oakley’s high purity optical-grade polycarbonate. They also feature Oakley High-Definition Optics (HDO) with Polaric Ellipsoid geometry. Furthermore, the tool-free, easy lens exchange feature allows users to transition from on-duty to off-duty seamlessly.
Oakley’s optional PrizmTM Lens Technology additionally provides enhanced color and contrast for added detail. The UV protection of the Plutonite lens material also filters out all UVA/UVB and harmful blue light, up to 400nm wavelength. Finally, for those requiring corrective lenses, the HNBL eyewear is prescription ready and available for Industrial Rx.
“We are proud to introduce HNBL to our community and look forward to introducing this level of performance to the field,” said Erick Poston, Senior Director of Oakley SI. “The HNBL platform’s versatility allows users in the most demanding environments a single solution [that] addresses the need for eyewear performance both on and off the job.”
The Oakley SI Ballistic HNBL Eyewear options are available now, in Matte Black and Terrain Tan, with an MSRP starting at $166.00, depending on options. For more info, please visit OakleySI.com.
Oakley SI Ballistic HNBL Eyewear Features
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter™ frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- System features quick, tool-free lens changing
- Thin stem technology enables compatibility with over-ear hearing protection and communication systems
- Secure fit, even in wet conditions via hydrophilic Unobtainium nose pad
- Ultra-lightweight design (1.07-ounce total weight)
- Full compatibility with MICH, ACH, CVC, PASGT, Ops-Core, Team Wendy and Crye™ Helmets
- Impact and chemical resistant O Matter frame material
- Frame suitable for all face sizes
- Frame design is suited for Industrial RX lenses
- All optional lenses are made of Plutonite, Oakley’s high purity optical-grade polycarbonate
- All lenses feature Oakley High Definition Optics (HDO) with Polaric Ellipsoid™ geometry
- UV protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out all UVA / UVB & harmful blue light up to 400nm wavelength
- Meets or exceeds high mass and high velocity impact requirements per ANSI Z87.1-2003/2010
- Meets or exceeds ballistic fragmentation impact standards per MIL PRF-32432A
- Clear lens features 89% visible light transmittance, suitable for use in low-light to no-light conditions
- Grey lens features 15% visible light transmittance, suitable for bright light; meets MCEPS neutrality and chromaticity requirements
- Offered with Prizm Lens Technology to include Prizm TR22, Prizm TR45, and Prizm Grey
- All lenses feature backside anti-fog coating