In this video, John Buol conducts an overview of the Noreen BN36 rifle and details how its performance compares to other AR-15 designs. Noreen Firearms has been in the gunsmithing business for nearly three decades since its beginning with custom-built game rifles based on pre-’64 Model 70 Winchester actions. The family-owned business delved into ultra-long-range shooting designs (beyond 1,000 yards) with their single-shot, bolt-action Ultra Long Range (ULR) rifle in 2007. The company has evolved its designs into self-loaders, a trend exhibited by the new BN36, a stationary, piston-driven AR-15 platform that accepts full-length cartridges such as .30-06 Springfield, .270 Winchester and .25-06 Remington.
The Noreen Bad BN-36 rifle consists of a rifle, two magazine’s, and case. It is a direct gas impingement, air-cooled, magazine-fed, shoulder-fired weapon that can be fired in a semi-automatic mode – i.e., a single shot each time the trigger is pulled.
* Caliber 30-06 Springfield, 270 Winchester, 25-06 Remington (California Legal)
* Operation Direct Gas Impingement, Side Charging Semiautomatic
* Barrel Length 22″
* Weight 8lbs.
* Rifling 1-10 Twist
* Stock A2
* Pistol Grip A2
* Sights Optional
* Magazine 5, 10, 20 rd.
* Trigger Mil-Spec or Optional Match Trigger
* Muzzle Brake Noreen Design, 5/8-24 Thread
STEPS TO DISASSEMBLE YOUR RIFLE:
* Clear your rifle and disconnect the sling, if so equipped.
* Push in rear takedown pin. Pivot upper receiver away from lower.
* Push in front pivot pin.
* Separate upper and lower receivers.
* Un-screw charging handle and remove from bolt carrier.
* Remove bolt carrier and bolt.
* Remove firing pin retaining pin. Slide firing pin to back of bolt carrier.
* Remove bolt cam pin.
* Slide firing pin and bolt assembly out of carrier.
* Remove extractor pin by pushing out with a drift punch. You may need to use a small
* Hammer to drive the pin out.
* Remove extractor plunger and spring. (CAUTION: Extractor spring may pop out and get lost!)
* Press in buffer, depress retainer and release buffer.
* Remove buffer and buffer spring.
For more information on the Noreen BN36 Rifle, visit: onlylongrange.com/