Precision shooting and long-range interests continue to soar. And one of the driving forces behind the growth is competition disciplines such as Precision Rifle Series. Now MasterPiece Arms releases a new rifle built just for those matches. The MPA PMR Pro Rifle II comes out-of-the-box-ready for PRS Production Class, staying under the $2,500 threshold per PRS rules.
MasterPiece Arms MPA BA PMR Pro Rifle II
The PMR Pro Rifle II comes in Black or Tungsten Cerakote finish. Better still, the rifle comes with a 1/2-MOA accuracy guarantee. The rifle features a Trigger Tech Diamond Trigger with a super-light pull weight ranging from 4 ounces to 2 pounds.
The MPA BA PMR Pro Rifle II comes with an MPA BA Competition Chassis. It features a V-bedding system for additional clearance for glass bedding the action and straight section of the barrel. The chassis also includes a built-in inclinometer, thread protector and thumb notch. A lower-mounted Picatinny rail, 20 MOA scope rail, EVG Grip, Ultra Bag Rider and V4 Spigot Mount add custom touches. Meanwhile, the rifle accommodates the R.A.T System as well.
The MPA Buttstock utilizes an adjustable cheek riser and length of pull locked into position with a series of set screws. Customers can also add the muzzle brake of choice as an accessory. Muzzle brake options include MPA Premium Bolt Action Muzzle Brake 6.5mm and MPA Premium Bolt Action Muzzle Brake 30 Cal.
The rifle includes a Lothar Walther hand-lapped 416R Stainless Premium Barrel Blank in a polished finish. The chamber indicates within 0.0001-inch or less to the bore of the rifle, according to MasterPiece Arms. The company inspects both the bore and lands via video borescope. For even more info, please visit masterpiecearms.com.
MPA BA PMR Pro Rifle II Specs
- Caliber: 6mm CM, 6GT, 6.5 CM, 6.5 PRC, 6 Dasher, 6BR, 6BRA, 6XC, 6×47 Lapua, .308 Win., .223
- Action: MPA/Curtis Short Action
- Bolt: 60-degree bolt throw
- Chassis: MPA BA Competition Chassis
- Chassis Weight: 5 pounds
- Rifle Weight: 12.5 pounds
- Barrel: Lothar Walther Hand Lapped 416R Stainless Premium Barrel Blank
- Overall Barrel Length: 26 inches (6.5mm and 6mm)
- Barrel Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24 TPI
- Barrel Profile: #M24 Contour
- Coating: Cerakote Chassis, Polished Barrel
- Length of Pull: 13.75-15 inches
- Trigger: Trigger Tech Diamond or Timney HIT Trigger
- Magazine: 10-round AICS-type magazine included
- MSRP: $2,499