Lone Wolf Distributors (LWD) is selling a line of ported barrels for the Glock. As the press release points out, ported barrels are popular with competitive shooters. Having a ported barrel reduces felt recoil and muzzle flip by redirecting gases out the top of the barrel, resulting in optimized weapon control and accurate follow-up shots.
The first variant offered by LWD is a series of externally 2 ported barrels. These are longer than stock barrels but reduce muzzle rise by at least 50 percent. There is also no reduction in bullet velocity when compared to stock barrels, the news release states.
Meanwhile, LWD’s internally 4 ported barrels have the same length as a stock barrel, but they reduce muzzle rise by 75 percent or more. LWD warns that carbon will be blown on the front sight. However, this may be fixed with a firearms solvent. In addition, bullet velocity will be reduced by 5 to 8 percent compared to stock barrels.
LWD recommends 6 ported barrels for maximum muzzle reduction. These boast both an internal 4 port and external 2 port option.
These pre-fit, drop in barrels are precision machined from heat treated 416R stainless steel. They have an oversized lock-up area which enables improves shot-to-shot accuracy, a polished feed ramp and bore, and a diamond turned exterior. See below for additional details.
Features: LWD Ported Barrels
- Ready to use, pre-fit drop in. No gunsmithing required.
- Precision machined from heat treated 416R stainless forgings.
- Oversized lock-up area produces greater shot-to-shot accuracy.
- Tighter dimensions than the original.
- Polished feed ramp and bore, diamond turned exterior
- Maximum chamber support, improved feed ramp design.
- Broach cut rifling and target crown.
- Ok to use lead, plated or jacketed bullets.
- Please note: internal porting will allow hot gasses to be directed onto the front sight, eventually damaging a night sight.
- Lifetime warranty.
For more information about these ported barrels, and the full line of products currently offered by Lone Wolf Distributors, please visit http://www.lonewolfdist.com