Hornady continues its relentless pursuit to dominate all things precision shooting and long-range hunting. The new Hornady 7mm PRC brings a modern magnum cartridge into the field. And big-game and Western hunters will most definitely be looking hard at this new fodder.
The 7mm PRC utilizes heavy, low-drag bullets, matched with an appropriately designed cartridge and chamber, according to Hornady. This process of designing the cartridge and chamber concurrently enables the 7mm PRC to achieve great accuracy, consistency, and long-range performance.
7mm PRC Features
- Long-action centerfire rifle cartridge.
- Delivers long, heavy-for-caliber bullets in a standard long action.
- Features temperature-stable, magnum speed propellants for consistent velocity and longer barrel life.
- Available in factory rifles or simply swap the barrel on your 7mm Rem Mag or 300 Win Mag.
Hornady initially launches the 7mm PRC in Outfitter (160-gr. CX), Match (180-gr. ELD Match) and Precision Hunter (175-gr. ELD-X) lines. Handloaders can choose from a host of Hornady brass, dies and gauges.
We sent round downrange with the new 7mm PRC at the recent Athlon Outdoors Rendezvous. Read Jay Langston’s FIRST REPORT!
Reloading Accessories and Components for the 7mm PRC:
- No. 86404 – 7mm PRC Brass Cases
- No. 390545 – Shell Holder #5
- No. 392605 – Shell Plate #5
- No. B7MMP – 7mm PRC Modified Case
- No. 380723 – 7mm PRC (.284) Cartridge Gauge
- No. 546313 – 7mm PRC (.284) Die Set
- No. 046306 – 7mm PRC (.284) Full Length Die
- No. 544319 – 7mm PRC (.284) Match™ Grade Die Set (.284)
- No. 046324 – 7mm PRC (.284) Match™ Grade Full Length Die
For more info, please visit hornady.com.
Savage Releases Several Rifles in 7mm PRC
Just as hunting seasons kick off across the country, Savage Arms made a big announcement for centerfire, big-game pursuits. A host of Savage 7mm PRC rifles deliver serious capability for those chasing big animals, especially at longer ranges. The 7mm PRC introductions follow the release of the Impulse Mountain Hunter.
“We’re thrilled to get these 7mm PRC additions into the hands of Savage fans and shooters everywhere,” said Beth Shimanski, Director of Marketing at Savage Arms. “With Savage’s heritage for proven accuracy, these rifles are designed for top performance and match grade accuracy, putting challenging shots and the biggest game in your reach.”
The rifles come optimized for the 7mm PRC. They accommodate a maximum overall cartridge length of 3.340 inches. A 1:8 twist rate stabilizes common 175- and 180-grain bullets. Savage claimed target muzzle velocities with these bullets reaching 3,000 fps from a 24-inch test barrel. The collaboration led to both the cartridge and chamber designed concurrently, a methodology used previously with the launch of the 6.5 Creedmoor. And we all know how that one worked out, as the 6.5 CM continues to drive the industry.
Savage Rifles in 7mm PRC
- 58004 / 110 ULTRALITE / $1,649
- 58005 / 110 ULTRALITE HD / $1,649
- 58006 / 110 ULTRALITE CAMO / $1,699
- 58007 / 110 HIGH COUNTRY / $1,239
- 58008 / 110 Timberline LH / $1,239
- 58009 / 110 TIMBERLINE LH / $1,239
- 58011 / IMPULSE BIG GAME / $1,449
- 58012 / IMPULSE MOUNTAIN HUNTER / $2,437
- 58013 / 110 APEX HUNTER XP / $709
- 58014 / 110 APEX STORM XP / $819
- 58015 / 110 APEX HUNTER XP LH / $709
For even more info, please visit savagearms.com.