We go 10 rounds with retired Force Reconnaissance Marine, combat veteran, firearms trainer and owner of Follow Through Consulting Buck Doyle.
1) What was your first job?
Buck Doyle: Bagging groceries at Albertson’s in San Antonio, TX. It was my first real experience in “people watching”.
2) When you were a kid, what did you want to grow up to be?
I wanted to be a semi-truck driver like the TV show “BJ and the Bear”. But then at age 11 I saw the movie “First Blood” and decided to be Rambo instead.
3) Scariest moment of your life.
Jumping out of an aircraft at 26,000 ft….at night.
4) The most fun you ever had.
Vacationing in St. Bart’s, my wife and I were walking the beach when we were mobbed by paparazzi. They all thought I was some type of movie star. Of course…I had to play along. Ha ha!
5) Everybody has a geeky side, what’s yours?
I am a total Marvel Comic freak. I collected them as a kid and still have them all in plastic sleeves.
6) Best action movie of all time.
Flash Gordon (1980)
7) In a celebrity boxing match, who would you want to fight?
Kevin Hart, because we’d be laughing the whole time, and I’m pretty sure I’ve got a better reach.
8) Name 3 people that have inspired you.
My mom, my wife, and my father-in-law. Each of them has shaped different parts of who I am.
9) If you could only carry one gun into the apocalypse, it would be a….
Standard AR-15 in 5.56—It’s what I used throughout my military career, and the ammo is pretty easy to find.
10) One thing no one knows about you (until now)
From the age of 12 to 18 I was a competitive BMX Freestyler. I loved Ozzy Osborne, Metallica, and my bike—yep, I wasthatkid.
Learn More about Buck: www.followthroughconsulting.com
Social Media: @followthroughbuck
Check out our podcast Skillset Live and get in on the conversation of Instagram and Facebook!