Damsel in Defense — an Idaho-based manufacturer of personal defense products for women — offers a line of stun guns designed to temporarily disable an attacker for a number of minutes. If you’re looking for one in particular which will get the job done, you’d be well advised to check out the Striking Distance stun gun.
Accurately described by Damsel in Defense as a “hand-held nightmare,” the Striking Distance stun gun produces six million volts of electricity and is 12-inches long, giving it that extra reach needed to create an effective safe zone and held fend off an attack. It boasts an ergonomic grip and runs on a Nickel meta-hydride (NiMH) battery. In addition, it is 9.2 ounces in weight and has an LED flashlight on it. Best of all, this stun gun comes with a disable pin which prevents an attacker from using this stun gun against you if you become disarmed.
As Damsels in Defense points out, stun guns are restricted in the following areas: HI; MA; NJ; NY; RI; IL; MI; CT; DC; WI; Annapolis, MD; Baltimore, MD; Baltimore County, MD; Howard County, MD; Ocean City, MD; New Castle County, DE; Wilmington, DE; Newark, DE; Philadelphia, PA; and all U.S. Virgin Islands. See below for additional details.
* 6 million volts
* Light emitting diode (LED) flashlight
* Charging cord
* Disable pin
* Ergonomic grip
* Grab-guard stun strips
* 12-inch reach
* 800-900 lifetime charges
* Nickel meta-hydride (NiMH) battery
* 5-8 milliamps, depending on charge
* 9.2 ounces in weight
* 12 x 2 x 2.5 inches in size
* Lifetime warranty with proof of purchase
* 12-inch-long stun baton gives extra reach, creating a greater safe zone to ward off an attack
* Stun gun emits a sound intimidating enough to deter a would-be attacker
* Disable pin prevents an assailant from using your product against you if you become disarmed
* High voltage to disorient and disable an attacker and give you time to get to help
For more information about the Striking Distance Stun Baton, and the full range of products currently offered by Damsel in Defense, please visit http://www.damselindefense.net