Pistols and SBRs continue to grow in popularity. More shooters seemingly want highly-concealable, highly-portable long guns or AR pistols chambered in formidable calibers. Now with the Brownells BRN-180 upper, shooters can build their own rifle in 300 BLK, complete with a folding stock, suppressor and more.
Brownells BRN-180 Uppers
The Brownells BRN-180 uppers combine features form the classic AR-180 design. But it now includes modern upgrades, including a full-length Picatinny rail and free-float M-LOK handguards.
All BRN-180 Gen2 uppers accommodate folding stocks or braces. The design completely contains the recoil mechanism, so no buffer tube assembly required.
The BRN-180 Gen2 also utilizes a new method to secure the handguard and adjustable gas block. The design helps the platform work well with suppressors, according to Brownells.
The newest model utilizes a 10-inch barrel chambered in 300 AAC Blackout. Other Gen2 BRN-180 uppers chamber 223 Wylde. For more information, visit brownells.com.
- Adjustable Gas System now on ALL models
- Simplified, more secure Gen2 handguard attachment system (see below)
- Ultra-reliable Short Stroke type piston operating system
- Ideal for folding stock/brace (see below)
- Compatible with ANY current mil-spec AR-15 lower
- Machined 7075 T6 aluminum receiver & handguard with hardcoat anodized finish
- Barrels of extra-strong 4150 carbon steel with a tough, matte black Nitride finish
- Button rifled bore with 1-8″ twist
- Replica three-prong AR-180-style flash suppressor
- 1/2″-28 tpi threaded muzzle (5/8″-24 tpi .300 Blk)
- Molded polymer ejection port cover
Brownells BRN-180 Variants
- 223 Wylde 18.5” barrel, $899.99 retail
- 300 Blackout 10” barrel, $899.99 retail
- 223 Wylde 10.5” barrel, $899.99 retail
- 223 Wylde 16” barrel, $899.99 retail