It is a beautiful thing when you find the perfect holster that is both comfortable and functional. However, what isn’t so great is when you get a new pistol and have to go through the process again. Or, even worse, you get a pistol that is hard to find a molded holster for. But what if you could take the holster you already like and form it to your new pistol? That is exactly the thinking behind the Blackhawk TecGrip FormLok IWB holster.
Blackhawk TecGrip FormLok IWB Holster
Constructed of moldable Memory-Lok technology, users can mold the TecGrip around their specific handgun. Memory-Lok material is a thermoformable plastic that forms around the handgun when heated up. Once molded to the firearm, the holster offers passive (friction) retention. With a low-cut front sight track channel, the holster is also compatible with mounted RDS optics.
Utilizing a “dunk bag” and T-handle molding tool is all that is necessary to form the holster to your pistol. The “dunk bag” is used to heat the holster in hot water, while the T-handle molding tool shapes the holster. An included sight channel forming tool also helps protect the sight channel during molding.
600 denier polyester lines the interior of the holster to prevent wear from the friction retention, promoting long life. Likewise, a layer of tacky material makes up the exterior layer of the TecGrip holster. As a result, the holster clings to the body and fabric for secure all-day carry without a belt clip. Also ensuring all-day comfort is a layer of high-density closed-cell foam material to pad the holster against your body.
The holster is available in six sizes, fitting a wide spectrum of pistols from subcompacts to full-size autos. Additionally, you can remold each holster to accept a handgun with a similar size later. Due to its unique design, the TecGip is completely ambidextrous.
The Blackhawk TecGrip FormLok IWB holster is available now with an MSRP of $54.95. For more info, please visit Blackhawk.com.
Blackhawk TecGrip FormLok IWB Holster features:
- Constructed with moldable Memory-Lok® technology, allowing the user to mold the holster around their specific handgun and achieve passive (friction) retention
- Tacky exterior material clings to body and fabric, providing no-clip inside the waistband carry
- Robust interior liner constructed of rugged, friction resistant 600 denier polyester to promote long service life and inhibit friction related wear and tear
- Optic compatible, utilizing low-cut sight-track geometry
- Ambidextrous, with low profile shirt guard, optimizing end-user flexibility and comfort