Retired U.S. Navy veteran Justin Hodge admits that he was anxious to start rocking a beard again after 20 years of service. “I knew that if I was going to do it, I was going to do it right,” said the former Navy test parachutist.
But he was quickly reminded how much effort it takes to maintain a proper muzzle rug. So he started the Alpha Beard Company, which provides high-quality beard-care products for all the guys sporting face fleeces worldwide.
We teamed up with Hodge and John Tims from Self-Wrought for the first-ever #BallisticBeards contest. Have some awesome facial hair you think deserves some beard-related swag? Here’s your chance to make it count. Post a photo of your beard on Instagram, use the hashtag #BallisticBeards and tag @AthlonOutdoors for a chance to win some gear and be featured on ballisticmag.com.
We’ll announce a winner on April 1, 2019. First place, as chosen by the Ballistic crew, gets the following:
- From Self-Wrought — One (1) each: Tobacco Bourbon, Brown Sugar, Woods scented Beard Oils
- From Self-Wrought — One (1) Old Man’s Bear Leather Beard Pomade
- From Self-Wrought — One (1) Bottle Beard Conditioner
- From Alpha Beard Company — One (1) each: Barber’s Rum, Pine Grove, Sandalwood, Original scented Beard Oils
- A one-year subscription to Ballistic Magazine
Second and third place get a one-year subscription to Ballistic Magazine … we know, what a sh*tty consolation prize. So start snapping those pics and get on Instagram now! Read the full rules here.