They say that necessity is the mother of all invention. Alien Gear Holsters has a reputation for finding a necessity and filling it with products like its TAQ-STRAP. Working double duty as a drop-leg holster strap and tourniquet, the TAQ-STRAP keeps you in the fight.
The Alien Gear Holsters TAQ-STRAP
Designed to fill the vacant “care under fire” gap in combat medicine, the TAQ-STRAP is constructed of load-bearing nylon. The 1.5-inch strap replaces most standard straps found in duty holsters, drop-leg mounts, and tactical gear. However, unlike a standard strap, the TAQ-STRAP features two straps in one.
The external “load bearing” strap hosts your holster and other belt-level duty gear, as expected. However, the internal constricting strap allows the user to apply circumferential pressure to the limb without removing gear. Correspondingly, the battle-proven M2 Inc. ratcheting technology acts as a hasty tourniquet that can be applied with one hand in less than five seconds.
The unique design allows the user to stay engaged in combat while operating the mechanism, until secondary care is possible. Once safely away from the threat, the user or medic can then apply a traditional tourniquet proximal to the wound.
Because users already wear drop leg holster straps high and tight, this is the ideal position for a hasty tourniquet. Although one strap should be worn on the dominant holster leg, the less dominant leg should also have one. It can be worn independently (via the included belt loop) or with other belt line accessories, like I-FAKs, taser, etc.
The strap works on all Alien Gear Holster drop leg platforms, and is available stand-alone or with the purchase of a drop leg. Likewise, it can also accommodate most commonly used double strap or single strap drop leg platforms from other holster manufacturers.
The Alien Gear Holsters TAQ-STRAP is available now with an MSRP of $85.00 for the satrap itself. For more info, please visit AlienGearHolsters.com.
Alien Gear Holsters TAQ-STRAP Specs
Material: 1.5-inch load-bearing nylon strap
Inner constricting band for direct limb application
Battle-proven M2 Inc ratcheting technology
- Life-Saving Design: The Taq-Strap Tourniquet replaces your standard holster strap with a pre-positioned tourniquet that can stop a femoral bleed within five seconds from the point of injury while still keeping your holster fastened to your leg. The Taq-Strap does not require any additional equipment and can be worn as a stand-alone product with the included belt strap.
- Intuitive Application: Utilizing the same battle-proven ratcheting technology found in M2 Inc’s TCCC approved R.M.T, the Taq-Strap Tourniquet is simple and can be applied with one hand, even when blind and covered in contaminants.
- Universal Compatibility: The Taq-Strap Tourniquet replaces any 1.5” strap found in the most common tactical equipment and pouches, including gas mask bags, IFAKS, and holster plates of various brands.
- Accessibility in Any Situation: This tourniquet sits on top of your thighs and can be applied post-blast without visuals or assistance, making it invaluable in scenarios like IED explosions, aircraft mishaps, and catastrophic collisions.
- Tactically Feasible: Maintain “eyes on target” and return fire while applying a high and tight hasty tourniquet. Finish the fight until you can get to a safe place to apply a traditional tourniquet in accordance with TCCC doctrine.