Good news for the folks over at Aimpoint: they’ve just won a contract to supply the U.S. Army with 30,000 M68 Close Combat Optics (M68CCO), otherwise known as the CompM4s sight to civilians. The contract is for an unspecified amount. These new M68CCOs will come with a killFlash anti-reflection device, rubber lens covers, and adapters that allow them to be used on all variants of the M16, M4 and light machine guns like the M240 and M249.
- RELATED STORY: Sharper Reflexes – 11 Red-Dot Sights For Fast Targeting
“Aimpoint has been a trusted supplier to the U.S. Armed Forces since 1997. With the troops counting on us to build the best sights in the world, it’s a job we all take very seriously,” Aimpoint president Brian Lisankie said in a statement. “The CompM4s is the standard by which all other reflex sights are measured. These optics are designed to function with complete reliability and accuracy under the harshest conditions, and do so with near-legendary levels of ruggedness and dependability.”
Here’s a breakdown of features, via the official product site, of the Aimpoint CompM4s.
- Low battery compartment
- Compatible with every generation of NVD
- ACET technology allows up to 80,000 hours (over 8 years) of daytime operation on one AA battery
- Internal voltage regulator allows the CompM4 to be used with any AA size battery
- 7 NVD settings and 9 daylight settings
- QRP2 mount has twice the clamping force of the original QRP, and the mounting knob is wider and shorter to improve operation and lower the risk of snagging on other gear
- Mount base is keyed into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil
- Mount base screws directly into the sight – no separate sight ring required.
- 500,000 hours of use on NVD setting
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint 3XMag
- Unequalled light transmission
- Front lens opening is threaded for addition of killFlash anti-reflective device
- Submersible to 150 feet (45 meters)
- Vertical spacer included
- Type classified as the U.S. Army’s new M68CCO
- Improved adjustment caps are easier to remove and protected against impact
- Can be used with a carry handle adapter for use on all M16 rifles
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
For more information about Aimpoint, visit http://us.aimpoint.com.