“In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them … maybe you can hire the A-Team.”
For anyone who was a boy from 1983 through 1987, those lines are forever etched into their memories. Why did we love it? Was it the gratuitous violence, the massive explosions or Mr. T’s gravely voice? You’re damned right it was all three.
Another reason we loved it was that, as Dirk Benedict, who played Lieutenant Templeton “Faceman” Peck on the show, once put it: “It was a guy’s show. It was male driven. It was written by guys. It was directed by guys. It was acted by guys. It’s about what guys do. We talked the way guys talked. We were the boss. We were the God. We smoked when we wanted. We shot guns when we wanted. We kissed the girls and made them cry … when we wanted. It was the last truly masculine show.”
A-friggin-men to that.
So, for the past year you’ve been watching reruns on Amazon, and now you can test your knowledge so that all that wasted time doesn’t feel so wasted. Be warned, the questions get progressively harder. All right, let’s see if you have the goods to be a part of Hannibal’s crew …
- What does the “B.A.” in B.A. Baracus stand for?
- Bad Ass
- Bad Attitude
- Bent Arm
- Beautiful Alien
- What is Murdock’s rank?
- First Sergeant
- How much did Mr. T’s gold weigh in any given episode?
- 20 pounds
- 5 pounds (It was hollow.)
- 35 pounds
- 15 pounds
- What was Mr. T’s first name on the show—his real name, not his nickname?
- What was the group of American mercenary pilots that Murdock was part of called?
- Death from Above
- Flying Tigers
- The Reapers
- Finger of God
- Who was the only enlisted member of the A-Team? (Hint: He was a sergeant.)
- Who was the only member of the A-Team who was NOT shot during the course of the show?
- In one episode, Murdock appeared on a game show and won a trip to Hawaii and a truck. Which game show was it?
- Press Your Luck
- The Price is Right
- Wheel of Fortune
- What was the A-Team’s “crime they didn’t commit”?
- Bank robbery
- Wire fraud
- Identity theft
- Which of these is less painful than watching the film remake of The A-Team?
- Smashing your fingers in a van door
- A root canal without Novocain
- Listening to Justin Bieber
- All of the above
- George Peppard was a true-life leatherneck. While he was in the Marines, what was his job (MOS)?
- What was the model of the van used on the show?
- 1983 GMC Vandura
- 1982 Ford Econoline
- 1980 Ford Econoline
- 1979 Chevy Sportvan
- Where was the A-Team imprisoned before they escaped?
- Fort Bragg
- Fort Leavenworth
- Fort Lewis
- Camp Lejeune
- What was the highest honor bestowed upon Hannibal’s character?
- Silver Star
- Purple Heart
- Medal of Honor
- Bronze Star
- What revolver did Face typically carry?
- S&W Model 29
- Colt Trooper .357 Magnum
- Astra .44 Magnum
- S&W Model 36 .38 Special
0-3: You wouldn’t have even made it as an extra on the show. Go back to watching Punky Brewster.
4-7: Not bad. Not good either, but we can tell you watched the show.
8-12: Now we’re talking! You can proudly call yourself a super fan. Here’s a gold chain from Mr. T.
13+: Are you sure you’re not Hannibal himself? Great job. Now get in the van. We’ve got work to do.
1: B, 2: A, 3: C, 4: D, 5: B, 6: A, 7: B, 8: D, 9: B, 10: D, 11: C, 12: A, 13: A, 14: C, 15: B