Some see stripped AR lower receivers as a blank canvas ready to be built into a rifle or carbine designed for a special purpose only limited to the builder’s imagination. The forged 7075-T6 aluminum lower receiver has been the benchmark since being adopted by the U.S. military in 1962. Though these receivers are plenty strong for a basic build and can get the job done, they all look nearly the same. Billet-crafted lowers completely changed AR builds by allowing manufacturers a level of creativity not previously seen and allowing users to create a rifle as unique as their personality. A perfect example is Sharps Bros., which machines cool-looking lowers that are pleasing to the eye while being highly functional.
- RELATED STORY: Top 33 Rifles From the Pages of Special Weapons Magazine in 2015
- RELATED STORY: Lightweight ARs: 5 Ultra-Lightweight 5.56mm Rifles To Consider
With the introduction of new materials like polymer and magnesium, AR lowers have become much lighter, making the AR platform even more maneuverable and carry friendly. Here are a few stripped and ready AR lower receivers to consider when you are building your next rifle from scratch. Give your next rifle or carbine that personalized touch.
Scroll the gallery above for our roundup of elite lower receivers.
For more information on the lower receivers mentioned in the gallery, please visit the following websites:
- American Tactical Omni Hybrid: americantactical.us; 800-290-0065
- Black Rain Ordnance .308 Milled Lower Receiver: blackrainordnance.com; 888-836-2620
- DRD Tactical CDR-15 Billet Lower: drdtactical.com; 678-398-9059
- KE Arms Billet KE-15 Lower: kearms.com; 480–256–9745
- MAG Tactical Stripped Lowers: magtacticalsystems.com; 812-490-8770
- Mega Arms GTR-3H AMBI: megaarms.com; 877-857-5372
- Seekins Precision SBA15 Lower: seekinsprecision.com; 208-743-3400
- Sharps Bros. The Jack: spikestactical.com; 407-928-2666
- Wilson Combat BILLet-AR Lower: wilsoncombat.com; 800-955-4856
- Yankee Hill Machine Billet Lower: yhm.net; 877-892-6533